HOW TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
Appointments can be made by telephoning or calling in at reception, between the hours of 8.00am and 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Pre-bookable appointments are available a few weeks in advance. It is usually possible to get an appointment with a named doctor or nurse within 7 working days and any doctor within 48 hours.
Appointments with the Doctors are 15 minutes. If you need a longer appointment please advise the Receptionist.
If you feel that you have a problem which needs to be dealt with urgently please ring the surgery and inform the receptionist. We have an Emergency Doctor and a Nurse Practitioner available each day who are responsible for providing telephone advice and if required allocating emergency appointments and urgent home visits. Please use this service responsibly. This service is only for URGENT problems that can not wait until the following day.
Need to speak to the doctor but don’t necessarily need to “see” the doctor? You can book a telephone consultation for your day/doctor of choice.
Telephone Review appointments are useful if you don’t actually need to see the doctor in person, e.g. for follow-up appointments with the doctor to check how you are. Your GP may suggest a telephone consultation for your next appointment. These appointments can be booked in the usual way. If you are unsure whether a telephone appointment would be suitable for you, we are happy to advise.
In a number of cases it might be worth considering an appointment with a practice nurse rather than a doctor. Practice nurses are qualified to deal with many conditions and you may be seen more quickly.
Additionally, the practice nurse should be the first point of contact for any of the following problems:
- Chronic Diseases (e.g. Asthma, Diabetes, COPD, High Blood Pressure)
- Blood Test
- Stitch Removal
- Ear Syringing
- Blood Pressure
Mike our physiotherapist is available to asses and treat patients with musculoskeletal problems. Appointments are 20 minutes long and can be booked by phoning reception. For more information on what the physiotherapist can help with please see MSK Service patient leaflet and also this Poster.
To assist us we would be grateful if you could follow these recommendations:
- When you arrive please check in using our self check in system. If you have any problems please speak to reception.
- Please cancel your appointment if you cannot keep it.
- Do not bring other people to your consultation without prior arrangement - everyone has to wait if an appointment overruns the time allocated to it.
- Any patient may attend a medical practitioner regardless of age. A child of any age may attend alone however; we would encourage a child under the age of 12 to attend with an adult if possible.
- If you turn up late for your appointment you may not be seen as this makes all following appointments run late.
Cancellations/Did Not Attend Policy (DNA)
If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason please inform us as soon as possible so the appointment can be given to someone else.
If you fail to attend appointments without letting us know we will write to you asking if there are any specific problems preventing you from attending. If you repeatedly fail to attend for appointments you may be removed from the practice list and have to find an alternative GP.