Welcome to Riverview Practice
We are an NHS run practice and have four salaried GPs, Dr Sarah Rootes, Dr Herjit Sutherland, Dr Chris Holden and Dr Kate Christen. As well as experienced locum GPs many who work in the practice on a regular basis.
They are supported by our Advanced Nurse Practitioner Carol Robertson and also Kirsty Bain who is in the process of completing her Advanced Nurse Practitioner Training.
- Nurse Practitioners are trained specialist nurses who have undertaken additional education in order to provide advanced nursing care and prescribe. They can provide treatment and advice for many problems for which you may have seen a GP for in the past. Their main areas of expertise are in the management of common illnesses and long term conditions.
Our Practice nurses are Eleanor Lee and Kirsty Macleod
- The practice nurses provide general nursing care such as blood tests, blood pressure checks, ear syringing, immunisations and dressing changes as well as running clinics for Asthma, Diabetes, COPD, Hypertension and Chronic Heart Disease, etc.
The practice has a Pharmacy Team. Fiona Watson Primary Care Clinical Pharmacist, Ailie Rosie Advanced Pharmacy Practitioner and Kimberly Burnett Pharmacy Technician.
- They support the practice by providing high quality medicines management and clinical pharmacy input. As well as medication reviews and dealing with medicine queries.
We have a physiotherapist in the practice. Mike Flavell is our Advanced Physiotherapist Practitioner
- He is available to assess and treat patients with musculoskeletal problems and decide which is the best pathway for them to be on to get better.
The clinical staff are supported by our skilled administration team. Practice Business Manager Joanna Groves, Support Manager Moira Gunn and Office Manager Ruth Black, the Administration Team Julie Young, Sheona Cumming, Maureen Ronaldson, Laura Timbrell and Lyn Macleod, as well as our Receptionists Kerry Miller and Grace Macbeath.
- They are responsible for the smooth running of the practice, booking appointments, accessing test results and clinic letters, typing referrals and the issuing of repeat prescritpions.
We work from a purpose-built, well-equipped, medical centre, which opened in 1995. The building provides easy access for the disabled and ample parking. We are a group practice. Patients are free to choose to see any doctor in the practice for routine problems but in an emergency will see any doctor or one of our Advanced Nurse Practitioners. We would recommend that patients attempt to consult the same doctor for ongoing problems as this provides the best possible care. Wick Medical Centre has an Induction Loop System for patients with hearing difficulties